MEO Studies Zeus-1 for Signs of Hydrocarbon Life
MEO Australia has advised that the Zeus-1 (MEO 35%, Operator), being drilled in WA-361-P in the Carnarvon Basin, offshore Western Australia by the Songa Venus semisub, has been drilled to a total depth of 3,642m in 12-1/4” (311mm) hole. Preliminary analysis based on mudlog gas indications and limited (Gamma Ray/Resistivity) Logging While Drilling (LWD) tools indicates the following:
- The target Legendre Formation was expected at around 3,455m. Approximately 44m gross section of potential reservoir section is present from approximately 3,448m-3,492m. Mudlog gas readings through this interval were elevated over background readings and reached a peak of approximately 165 units (~3%) in the upper part of this interval. The resistivity readings from the LWD tool is considered inconclusive.
- The secondary target in the Basal Forestier formation does not appear to have developed reservoir properties at Zeus-1 and is therefore not considered prospective at this location.
An expanded suite of formation evaluation tools will now be run to ascertain whether any movable hydrocarbons are present at the Zeus-1 location. In the event that hydrocarbons are confirmed by these evaluation tools, formation pressures and samples will be collected.
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)