Canadian Superior to Monetize Interest in Trinidadian Block, Discoveries
Canadian Superior proposes to monetize a 25% or larger interest in its "Intrepid" Block 5(c) offshore Trinidad and Tobago and its related discoveries, subject to acceptable terms and conditions, and subject to all required approvals. Canadian Superior is in the process of retaining a financial advisor to assist in the sale of the asset.
The "Intrepid" Block 5(c) is located approximately 60 miles off the east coast of Trinidad in the Columbus Basin and covers 80,041 gross acres. In 2008, Canadian Superior and its Joint Venture partners, BG International Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the BG Group plc and Challenger Energy Corp. announced two separate natural gas discoveries on the "Intrepid" Block 5(c); in the "Victory" well and in the "Bounty" well. Production test rates have been previously reported. The 3rd well, "Endeavour", has also discovered natural gas and final detailed results for the "Endeavour" well will be publicly released in due course.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Canadian Superior Energy more info
- Canadian Superior Energy Notes Operational Updates (Jun 03)
- Canadian Superior Energy Posts 1Q10 Results (May 13)
- Canadian Superior Energy Waves Goodbye to COO (May 05)
Company: Challenger Energy Corp. more info
- INSIGHT - Water, Wealth and Whites - S.Africa's Potent Anti-Fracking Mix (Oct 28)
- Canadian Superior Clarifies Status of Challenger Warrants (Sep 25)
- Canadian Superior, Challenger Enter into Business Combination (Jun 19)