PetroNeft Starts Up Winter Oil Production from 3 Russian Wells
PetroNeft, owner and operator of License 61 in Tomsk Oblast, Russian Federation, is pleased to provide an update on its winter oil production activities.
- Winter oil production has commenced from the L-1, L-6 and L-7 wells in the Lineynoye and West Lineynoye oil fields.
- The Company has negotiated favourable crude oil sales agreements with buyers in the Tomsk Region.
- Oil will be produced for the remainder of the winter months.
- Current production is approximately 660 bopd of high quality 40-degree API crude oil.
Winter Oil Production
PetroNeft has commenced winter oil production, having negotiated favorable crude oil sales agreements for this production with two refineries at Parabel in the Tomsk Region. Recent changes by the government in the methodology of calculating the Mineral Extraction Tax has improved our return from these domestic sales.
Oil is being produced from the L-1, L-6 and L-7 wells and will continue for the remainder of the winter months, while it can be transported by truck to the buyers. The L-6 and L-7 wells are on electrical submersible pumps and the L-1 well is free flowing. None of the production intervals have been stimulated to date. Current production is approximately 660 bopd of high quality 40-degree API crude oil with no water. Winter production is enabling the Company to gather additional well flow data while providing some revenue.
Dennis Francis, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We are encouraged by these domestic sales which will allow us to gather additional field production data this winter.
"We have been able to increase the flow rates of all of the wells from previous test results, which is very encouraging. This data will help us to design the fracture stimulation program for the field development, which when implemented with the proper lift system will allow for significantly increased production rates."
- PetroNeft Agrees 2016/17 Work Program with Oil India (Mar 21)
- PetroNeft Sees No Sign of Oil Price Improvement, Vows to Grow Production (Sep 29)
- PetroNeft Brings Tungolskoye's T-503 Well in Western Siberia Online (Jul 22)