Repsol YPF to Lead US$9.6mn Investment in Bandurria
A consortium led by Spanish oil company Repsol YPF plans to invest 27mn Argentine pesos (today some US$9.6mn) to explore the Bandurria block in Neuquen province over three years, a source close to the project told BNamericas.
Repsol YPF signed an exploration and production contract for the block with Neuquen's energy sub-secretary last week, Repsol YPF said in a statement. Repsol, and its partners Germany's Wintershall and Argentina's Pan American Energy, plan to start 3D seismic studies this year and cover the block's entire 931sq km area by 2005, the source said. At least one exploratory well is planned for 2005, and more could be drilled depending on the results of the seismic studies and the first well, the source added.
French oil company Total sold its stake to Repsol YPF in November, 2002, as part of its plan to reduce its Argentine investments while gas prices remain frozen at US$0.35 per million BTU. Repsol YPF is the block's operator and owns 37.5%, Wintershall owns 37.5% and Pan American owns 25%.
About Business News Americas: Business News Americas is a multilingual news and business information service that covers the most important original stories in 11 different business sectors throughout Latin America everyday. Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports.
Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Pan American Energy more info
- Pan American Energy to Invest $1.4B in Argentina this Year (Jul 14)
- Official: Argentina To Boost Crude Oil Output To 653,000 Bpd By 2025 (May 27)
- Pan American Energy to Invest $3.4B in Argentina from 2013-2017 (Dec 28)