Challenger Appoints Evaluation Committee, Endeavour Ops Nearing Completion
Challenger has appointed a special committee of directors with a mandate to undertake a process to evaluate the various strategic alternatives available to the Company. In this regard, the Special Committee has retained Peters & Co. Limited as its financial advisor to assist in the review process.
The Special Committee has been formed to examine all alternatives available to Challenger, including the sale of the Company, in order to ensure that shareholder value is maximized and to address the Company's $14 million bridge facility. Operations are nearly complete with respect to the initial exploration phase of Block 5(c), offshore Trinidad and Tobago. Challenger is paying one third of the costs of the initial exploration program on Block 5(c) to earn a 25% interest in the production sharing contract covering Block 5(c).
Challenger, along with its partners, Canadian Superior Energy Inc. and, BG International Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the BG Group plc are continuing preparations to conduct flow testing on the "Endeavour" well on Block 5(c). As previously announced, the main targeted zone for this well has been encountered and has been evaluated with a full suite of electric wireline logs; and operations are proceeding to flow test the well.
All operations on the Endeavour well are estimated to be completed near the end of February, to be followed by the release of the Kan Tan IV semisubmersible drilling rig. The data received to date from the "Endeavour" well has enabled the partners to further enhance their understanding of not only this particular well and its related structure, but also the overall development potential of the entire Block 5(c). Test information from the well is expected to confirm productive characteristics of the reservoir tested and the net pay encountered in the well.
In 2008, Challenger announced two separate natural gas discoveries on Block 5(c); in the "Victory" well, announced on January 14, 2008, and, in the "Bounty" well, announced on August 13, 2008. The information from the three exploration wells drilled on Block 5(c), along with the extensive 3D seismic coverage of Block 5(c) and nearby fields, encourages moving forward with the further appraisal of resources discovered and development planning.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Canadian Superior Energy more info
- Canadian Superior Energy Notes Operational Updates (Jun 03)
- Canadian Superior Energy Posts 1Q10 Results (May 13)
- Canadian Superior Energy Waves Goodbye to COO (May 05)
Company: Challenger Energy Corp. more info
- INSIGHT - Water, Wealth and Whites - S.Africa's Potent Anti-Fracking Mix (Oct 28)
- Canadian Superior Clarifies Status of Challenger Warrants (Sep 25)
- Canadian Superior, Challenger Enter into Business Combination (Jun 19)