StatoilHydro Digs Back in at Pan/Pandora Find, Confirms Field Extension
StatoilHydro is currently completing the drilling of two appraisal wells in the Pan/Pandora find south of the Visund field in the North Sea. Drilling of appraisal well 34/8-14 C has been completed, whereas drilling of well 34/8-14 D is presently being completed.
The Pan/Pandora gas and oil find has earlier been delineated in the northern segment. The find was confirmed in October 2008 during drilling of exploration well 34/8-14 S. The purpose of well 34/8-14 C was to confirm the oil/water contact in the northern part of the Pan/Pandora find.
The purpose of well 34/8-14 D was to delineate the find in the eastern direction. The well confirmed gas and oil columns indicating concurrent hydrocarbon contacts as observed in the original discovery well.
The wells have not been formation tested, but data acquisition and sampling have been carried out.
"The area south of Visund has a considerable remaining resource potential," said Alfred Batevik, StatoilHydro's team leder for exploration activities in the Tampen area. "The resources confirmed in the Pan/Pandora find are estimated at between 22 and 47 million barrels of recoverable oil equivalent."
Developing the find and connecting it to the Visund field is being considered.
- Well 34/8-14 C was drilled to a vertical depth of 3,008 meters below sea level and completed in mid-Jurassic rocks.
- Well 34/8-14 D was drilled to a vertical depth of 2,941 meters below sea level and completed in lower Jurassic rocks.
Located at a water depth of 292 meters the wells will be permanently plugged and abandoned.
Drilling has been performed by the Borgland Dolphin rig. The rig will move to production license PL089 in the North Sea to drill the 34/7-34 exploration well, which is also operated by StatoilHydro.
Licensees in production licenses 120 and 120B are: StatoilHydro (operator) (59.06%), Petoro (16.94), ConocoPhillips (13) and Total (11).
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)