Tri Drill Earns NDT Certification for Offshore Equipment
Tri Drill Inc., which provides oilfield inspection services throughout the Gulf Coast, recently earned certification from Det Norske Veritas (DNV) to perform Non Destructive Testing (NDT) on offshore drilling rigs and drilling components, said Vice President Sid Lyons.
Lyons said this step will help enhance Tri Drill’s Non Destructive Testing Heavy-Lift Inspection program.
"As we expand our services, Tri Drill will continue to put quality and safety first," he said. "Recognition such as this is really just a rubber stamp on our accomplishments as we work to provide better service to the industry."
After a DNV audit in October 2008, Tri Drill’s NDT Level II and III inspectors proved to be in compliance.
The DNV certification program ensures suppliers are using appropriate procedures; have qualified and certified personnel; and are using written procedures for training, performance, application, control, verification and reporting. DNV surveyors also consider whether suppliers are furnishing appropriate equipment and facilities.
- DNV Wins Verification Services Contract with Wintershall (Jan 29)
- DNV GL Merger Gets Clearance from Competition Authorities (Sep 12)
- DNV Breaks Ground for New Laboratory in Singapore (Jul 01)
Company: Tri Drill Inc. more info
- Tri Drill Earns NDT Certification for Offshore Equipment (Feb 05)
- Tri Drill Opens New Facility in Arkansas (Sep 27)