MacGregor Supplies Observation Platform Tech for Polarcus Duo
The first two of six seismic vessels under construction for Polarcus at the Drydocks World -- Dubai shipyard in the United Arab Emirates will feature MacGREGOR observation platform technology.
MacGREGOR has delivered observation platforms to the first two of six seismic vessels under construction for Polarcus at the Drydocks World -- Dubai shipyard in the United Arab Emirates. MacGREGOR has unrivalled experience in developing marine cargo handling and offshore load-handling solutions, and is part of Cargotec Corporation, world's leading provider of cargo handling solutions, which are used in local transportation, terminals, ports, distribution centres, and ships.
The platforms located at mooring-deck are mainly used in mooring operations and are destined for use on board the owner's two Ulstein Design type SX124 vessels "Polarcus Nadia" and "Polarcus Naila".
Polarcus Nadia and Polarcus Naila are technically-advanced 3D seismic vessels capable of towing up to 12 streamers. They will each feature two MacGREGOR hydraulically-operated platforms designed and manufactured to the shape of the surrounding shell plating and delivered with pre-assembled coaming and ready tested in workshop. In open position, the platforms are supported by preventer stays and designed to carry a load of 500 kg.
MacGREGOR's scope of supply per ship-set includes:
- two ready painted and preassembled doors with coaming
- two hydraulic power units with components
- two electric starter boards, control panels and components
- operating and maintenance manuals
The vessels are planned to enter service by the end of this year.
- MacGregor Wins Equipment Supply Deal for ME-Bound OSVs Being Built in China (Sep 20)
- MacGregor to Supply Pusnes Loading Systems to China's Cosco Shipyard (Feb 18)
- MacGregor Bags LBC Crane Contracts from Merkers Offshore (Jul 08)