South Pars Phases 6, 7, & 8 Nearing Completion
The last platform in the 6, 7 and 8 Phase of development on the South Pars field has been loaded out, according to a report from a local news source.
A massive project to bring to fruition, the National Iranian Oil Company has dissected South Pars field development into 24 phases, each coming in at around US $1 billion for development costs. The phases incorporate offshore facilities, pipelines and onshore processing components, as well as exporting units and pipelines. Once complete, South Pars will have a daily production rate of 820 million cubic meters of gas a day.
- National Iranian Oil Co, Thailand's PTTEP Agree To Oilfield Studies (Dec 06)
- Britain Pushing to Ease Sanctions on BP Gas Field - Report (Sep 22)
- On the Table: Iran to Tender 8 Exploration Blocks (Mar 02)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)