Daewoo Bids Adieu to West Aquarius Semisub
On Jan. 30, Seadrill's West Aquarius semisubmersible drilling rig sailed out of Okpo to Indonesia, where she will start to drill a deepwater well for Esso. Delivery signing was made on the 16th.
To mark the occasion of completed construction, there was a sail-away ceremony on Jan. 21 at the Admiral Hotel. Nearly 100 personnel were in attendance including Mr. Alex Monsen, Vice President Deepwater Projects of Seadrill; Mr. Terje Olsen, Site Manager of Seadrill; Mr. W. K. Ki, Senior Executive Vice President & CPO of DSME; Mr. W. S. Ryu, Executive Vice President & Chief Division Officer of the Offshore Business Division of DSME; as well as related parties from KHAN, DNV, and subcontractors.
In recognition of the hard work undertaken by all parties, Seadrill presented plaques of appreciation to everyone involved with the project at the celebration ceremony.
With the completion of the West Aquarius, the entire Seadrill project at DSME has now been wrapped up.
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: DSME more info
- Seadrill Defers Delivery of Drillships from DSME (Jan 15)
- DSME Files Complaint with LMAA Over Songa Offshore's Newbuild Semisubs (Jul 31)
- DNV Launches JIP with South Korean Yards to Reduce Project Cost by 15% (Jul 23)