CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow
CGGVeritas announced that the settlement of its mandatory offer for the 38,903,024 shares of Wavefield Inseis (representing 30.1% of the share capital) that it did not own on December 30, 2008, as well as the 2,892,875 shares that could be created following the exercise of the existing stock options, will occur on or about February 4, 2009.
Upon settlement of the Offer, CGGVeritas will hold approximately 98.6% of the existing share capital and voting rights of Wavefield.
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations and as set forth in section 2.17 of the Offer document, considering CGGVeritas owns more than 90% of the shares of Wavefield, CGGVeritas has decided, following the settlement of the Offer, to launch a compulsory acquisition ("Squeeze-Out") of the remaining shares of Wavefield.
In accordance with section 6-22(2) of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act, the price offered in the Squeeze-Out will be the same as the Offer price, i.e. NOK 15.17 for each Wavefield share, and will be paid in cash.
In accordance with the Norwegian Public Limited Companies Act, all Wavefield shares subject to the Squeeze-Out will be transferred to CGGVeritas in February 2009, while compensation for those shares will be paid after the expiry of the objection period, in April 2009.
After completion of such transfer, a shareholders' meeting of Wavefield will be convened to approve the application for a delisting of Wavefield shares.
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)