NOPSA Investigates Castoro Otto Vessel at Blacktip Offshore Australia
NOPSA is currently investigating an incident involving the Castoro Otto pipelay vessel, operated by Saipem (Portugal) Comercio Maritimo on contract to Eni Australia Pty Ltd for the Blacktip Gas Project offshore installation.
The Castoro Otto was located in Commonwealth waters adjacent to Western Australia, offshore in the Joseph Bonaparte Gulf region, approximately 200km northeast of Wyndham. The crew were recovering anchors in preparation to sail away to avoid a tropical low which later developed into Cyclone Billy, a Category 1 cyclone. However, they were unable to complete recovery of anchors and consequently had to weather Cyclone Billy as it passed close by.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: National Offshore Petroleum Safety Authority (NOPSA) more info
- Norway Rig Evacuation Safely Completed (Nov 08)
- NOPSA Calls for Improved Well Safety after Montara Incident (Jan 18)
- APPEA Strongly Supports Legislation for Montara Well Leak Inquiry (Sep 09)