StatoilHydro Gets Thumbs Up to Drill Asterix Prospect in North Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 6705/10-1, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 6705/10-1 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 327 B. The well will be drilled from the Transocean Leader semisubmersible drilling rig at position 67 degrees 00'58.3" North and 05 degrees 17'48.3" East, after wildcat well 6605/1-1 is concluded. The well will be drilled on a prospect called Asterix.
The area in this production license consists of block 6705/10, near production licenses 327 and 328 in the Norwegian Sea. The drilling permit has been granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)