Shell Extends Sigma3 JV's Service Contract for UK North Sea
Sigma3, the joint venture company set up by AMEC, Production Services Network (PSN), and Wood Group, has been awarded a further two year contract extension to support Shell U.K. Limited in the UK sector of the North Sea. This award extends the contract, initially awarded in 2002, through to the end of 2011.
The decision to award the extension is testimony to the delivery performance of Sigma 3 in the areas of safety, production availability and platform integrity.
"Sigma3 is delighted to have been awarded a further extension to this significant contract, which already marks more than six years' continuous service for Shell. During this time we have executed in excess of £1.3 billion of maintenance and modifications projects on behalf of and with Shell," said Alan McPherson, General Manager of Sigma3. "It confirms Shell's confidence in our ability to continue to deliver excellent performance and the success of Sigma3 and Shell working together."
John Hollowell Vice President Production, Shell Exploration and Production Europe, said, "Sigma3 has demonstrated continual improvements on all fronts including safety and asset integrity. We look forward to working together to maintain this successful relationship."
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Production Services Network more info
- University of Aberdeen's New Degree to Tackle O&G Skills Shortage (Aug 17)
- MMS Recognizes PSN for Outstanding Safety Performance (May 04)
- PSN Strengthens US Management Team (Mar 04)