Cubic to Participate in Chesapeake's Horizontal Haynesville Well
Cubic Energy has accepted a proposal to participate in the horizontal drilling of Chesapeake's Clingman Acres 11H well. This well is located in the Johnson Branch Field of Caddo Parish, Louisiana, and will be horizontally drilled to a measured depth of 17,000 feet, followed by a Haynesville Shale completion.
The Clingman Acres 11H is located in Section 11, Township 15 North - Range 15 West in Caddo Parish, Louisiana, which is adjacent to the east side of Cubic's Johnson Branch Acreage. Cubic has an estimated 2.8% working interest in the well.
Cubic currently has 12 wells producing in its Johnson Branch acreage, and 10 wells producing in its more southern acreage position of Bethany Longstreet in DeSoto Parish, Louisiana.
Calvin Wallen III, Cubic's President and Chief Executive Officer stated, "The Clingman Acres 11H will be located on the eastern edge of Cubic's Johnson Branch Acreage. This area has been proven, through Cubic's vertical drilling and Chesapeake's horizontal drilling, to be extremely prolific in the Haynesville Shale. We are very excited to have yet another opportunity for Horizontal Haynesville Shale development."
- Chesapeake To Cut Rig Count, Bring Fewer Wells To Production (Aug 03)
- Chesapeake CEO: Downturn Challenges Helped Oil, Gas Companies (Mar 07)
- Chesapeake Energy Posts Smaller Quarterly Loss (Feb 23)
Company: Cubic Energy more info
- Wells Fargo Energy Investment Unit Sought Risky Deals, Faces Losses (Apr 13)
- Cubic Energy Extends Closing of Previous Purchase of Texas Assets (Jun 06)
- Cubic Reports Flow Rates for HZ Haynesville Wells (Jan 24)