Amerada Hess Drills Duster Offshore Denmark
Amerada Hess has completed the Jette-1 well located on block 5904/29-7. The well is located west of the South Arne field offshore Denmark in the North Sea. The well was spudded by the Ensco 101 on April 29th in approximately 61 meters of water.
ette-1 was drilled as a vertical well and reached total depth at 4402 meters below mean sea level in layers of Triassic age. The well encountered the expected Upper Jurassic sandstone reservoir, but no hydrocarbons were discovered. Jette-1 is now being plugged and abandoned. The Ensco 101 will now move to license 11/98, where DONG will drill the Hanne-1 exploration well.
Partners is license 7/89 are Amerada Hess as operator with 65.69%; DONG with 25%; Denerco Oil with 7.5% and Danoil Exploration with the remaining 1.810%.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)