MEO to Pick Up Operations at Zeus-1 Following Cyclone Dominic
MEO has advised the following update in relation to Zeus-1 (MEO 35%, Operator), being drilled in WA-361-P in the Carnarvon Basin, offshore Western Australia.
Progress to 0600 hrs WSDST Since the last report, the 17-1/2" hole was drilled to 1,886m and the 13-3/8" surface casing was run and cemented to 1,874m. Landed and latched Blow Out Preventer (BOP) on wellhead. On Jan. 25, the rig was secured and skidded off location to ride out the storm subsequently named Tropical Cyclone Dominic. At 0640 this morning TC was approaching the WA coast just east of Onslow. It remains a category 2 system and is expected to weaken rapidly.
Under this scenario, MEO expects to commence re-manning the Songa Venus later today. Present operation (0600 hrs WSDST) Preparing to re-man drilling rig following passing of Tropical Cyclone (TC) Dominic. Objectives of Zeus-1 Zeus-1 is targeting potential gas-in-place of 15 Tcf in the primary Legendre sands target and 3.7 Tcf potential gas-in-place in the secondary Forestier sands target.
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)