Dong Completes Drilling at Siri-6 in Danish North Sea
As operator for the companies in License 6/95 DONG E&P A/S has drilled the Siri-6 (5604/20-10) exploration well about 4 kilometers west of the Siri field in the Danish part of the North Sea.
Siri-6 was drilled as a vertical well and reached its total depth at 2225 meters below mean sea level in chalk of Danian age. The well encountered reservoir sandstone in the Paleocene, but no hydrocarbon discovery was made. Coring and logging was carried out for further evaluation of the well results.
The well was spudded December 21, 2008 with the jackup rig Maersk Resolute at the position 56 degrees 28'51.82" N; 4 degrees 50'51.82" E (UTM zone 31; 6,261,282.14 N; 613,444.98 E), where the water depth is 61 meters. The well is now being plugged and abandoned.
As not all the companies in license 6/95 wanted to participate in the well, Siri-6 was drilled as a sole risk operation. The table below shows the companies' shares in the Siri-6 well and in the license.
- DONG E&P A/S 71,4286 50,0000
- Altinex Oil Denmark A/S (Noreco) 28,5714 20,0000
- Siri (UK) Limited 30,0000
The jackup Maersk Resolute will subsequently be moved to the Nini field.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Altinex Oil AS more info
- NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for PL 442 Wildcat (Aug 28)
- Dong Completes Drilling at Siri-6 in Danish North Sea (Jan 27)
- Oilexco Enters LOI with Bluewater to Deploy FPSO at North Sea's Huntington (Aug 27)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)