Peberco Advises Sherritt on $140MM Arrangement for Cuba's Block 7
Sherritt has been advised by Peberco Limited ("Peberco") that Peberco has entered into an arrangement with a Cuban state organization in respect of the termination of the production sharing contract for Block 7 for aggregate cash consideration of U.S. $140 million.
Sherritt's Oil business in Cuba comprises 100%-owned production sharing arrangements, a 40-45% interest in several fields in Block 7 pursuant to a joint operating agreement between Sherritt and Peberco, and a significant amount of wholly-owned drilling and operating equipment and associated inventories.
Sherritt's share of net oil production from Block 7 is approximately 4,500 bopd or 26% of Sherritt's overall Cuban net oil production. As a result of the arrangements entered into by Peberco, Sherritt expects to receive approximately U.S. $60 million as its share of the proceeds upon closing of that transaction in respect of its interests in Block 7. Sherritt continues to own and operate its 100%-owned production sharing arrangements.
- Pebercan's Shares Now Listed on NEX Exchange (Oct 15)
- Pebercan's Shareholders Give Thumbs Up for Plan of Arrangement (May 26)
- Pebercan's '08 Earnings Slip, Cuban Arm Gives Up Oil Facilities in Cuba (Mar 26)
Company: Sherritt International more info
- Peberco Advises Sherritt on $140MM Arrangement for Cuba's Block 7 (Jan 26)
- Cuba Change in Leadership Could Open Economy (Feb 19)
- Scan Completes Caribbean 3D Shoot Early (Jun 01)