Solstad Charters 2 AHTS Vessels to Newfield, Murphy Oil
Solstad Offshore has entered into a long term contract for the AHTS's Normand Atlantic and Normand Ivan.
The contracts duration is 26 months with a value of approximately NOK 800 million. It is Newfiled (2 months) and Murphy Oil (24 months) that will employ the vessels in their operations in Malaysia.
Commencement of the contracts is approximately February 1, 2009, in direct continuation of existing contracts. Both Normand Atlantic and Normand Ivan have been on contract with the same charterer since ultimo 2004.
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Solstad Offshore more info
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Solstad Offshore Says Industry Must Consolidate to Restore Profits (Feb 24)