NPD Issues Drilling Permit to StatoilHydro for Production License 265
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued StatoilHydro ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 16/2-5, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 16/2-5 will be drilled from the West Epsilon jackup drilling rig at position 58 degrees 48' 50.91" North and 2 degrees 22' 11.02" East after completion of drilling on wildcat well 2/5-13 for StatoilHydro Petroleum AS in production license 296.
The drilling program for wellbore 16/2-5 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 265.
The area in this license consists of parts of block 16/2. Well 16/2-5 will be drilled about 30 kilometers south of the Grane field in the North Sea. PL 265 was awarded in the North Sea Awards in 2001. This is the fourth well to be drilled in this production license.
The permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)