Grenland Group to Construct Subsea Equipment for Ekofisk Field
Grenland Group has signed a contract with FMC Technologies valued at approximately NOK 50 million for the construction of subsea equipment for the Ekofisk field.
The contract includes procurement and construction of two wellhead systems, two water injection manifolds and one subsea protection structure.
The equipment is part of FMC Technologies' contract with ConocoPhillips, announced in June 2008, for the supply of equipment and services for a subsea water injection development in the Ekofisk field. Located in the Greater Ekofisk Area, this water injection development is a replacement of the existing Ekofisk 2/4 W injection platform at the southern part of the Ekofisk Complex.
Manufacture of the equipment is already in progress at Grenland Group's yard in Langesund. Initial deliveries to FMC Technologies are scheduled to occur in the first quarter of 2009 and the remaining scope will be delivered throughout 2009.
FMC Technologies has an option in the contract for an additional seven wells and future provisions for up to 50 wells.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)