StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill Wellbore 34/8-14 D in North Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted StatoilHydro ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 34/8-14 D, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 34/8-14 D consists of the drilling of an appraisal well in production license 120. The well will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin semisubmersible drilling rig at position 61 degrees 18' 37.794" North and 2 degrees 20' 32.741" East, after the facility concludes drilling of appraisal wells 34/8-14 C and B. The well will be drilled on the 34/8-14 S discovery.
The area in this license consists of block 34/8 between the Gimle and Visund fields in the North Sea. The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)