NPD Grants Drilling Permit to ExxonMobil for Wellbore 15/6-10
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway AS a drilling permit for wellbore 15/6-10, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 15/6-10 will be drilled from the Bredford Dolphin semisubmersible drilling rig at position 58 degrees 40' 55.72" North and 1 degrees 50' 15.19" East, after the facility concludes drilling of wildcat well 16/1-10 for Lundin Norway AS in production license 338.
The drilling program for wellbore 15/6-10 applies to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 029 B. The area in this production license consists of parts of block 15/6. Well 15/6-10 is located just northeast of the 15/5-1 Dagny discovery and about 10 km north of the Sleipner fields in the North Sea.
Production license 029 B was awarded on May 11, 2001 as a supplement to the second licensing round. This is the first well drilled in the production license.
The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)