Sinopec & Technip-Coflexip Form Strategic Partnership
A memorandum of understanding was signed between Sinopec Group and Technip-Coflexip. Under this agreement Sinopec and Technip-Coflexip have undertaken to create a strategic partnership in order to cooperate on the engineering, procurement and construction of oil and gas, refining, petrochemical and chemical projects in the Middle East, India, Africa, Asia Pacific and China.
Technip-Coflexip is proud to have performed many projects for Sinopec and expects the new partnership to allow the two companies to combine their expertise and skills in order to enhance their competitiveness and further develop their business in China and in other parts of the world.
Sinopec, an important world class petrochemical corporation, integrates upstream with downstream, importing with exporting and production with marketing and sales. It is also involved in engineering, equipment manufacturing, technological research and construction activities related to refining and petrochemicals.
Technip-Coflexip has been very active in China for over thirty years. During the past 12 months China has been a very active market for Technip-Coflexip with a cumulative order intake of over 400 million euros, mainly in the petrochemical sector:
- THF/Poly-THF unit for BASF in Caojing (Shanghai)
- Syngas unit for YPC/BASF in Nanjing
- Styrene Monomer, Propylene Oxyde, MPG/Polyols facilities for CSPC (CNOOC/Shell) in Huizhou (Guandong Province)
- Two polyethylene units for SECCO (SINOPEC/BP) in Caojing
- PVC/VCM for Tianjin Dagu in municipality of Tianjin
In addition, Technip-Coflexip made a breakthrough in the Chinese offshore area with two engineering service contracts for CNOOC in Pinghu and Chunxiao.
As a result, the engineering center of the Group in China, Technip Tianchen located in Shanghai, is growing rapidly with a workforce moving from 150 people one year ago to 350 today.
- Technip Wins Snøhvit Pipelay Contract (Jul 30)
- Technip Wins Sapphire Subsea Contract Offshore Egypt (Jul 25)
- Lukoil & Technip Create a Joint Venture Company in Russia (Jul 22)
Company: Sinopec more info
- Lead a Chinese Oil Giant and Get a Fraction of Your Peers' Pay (Dec 27)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
- Sources: China's Sinopec Mulls US Oil Projects Ahead Of Trump's Visit (Oct 31)