Songa Venus Settles in Offshore Australia, MEO Spuds Zeus-1
MEO advised that the Songa Venus semisubmersible drilling rig arrived at the Zeus-1 location on Friday and commenced drilling on Saturday, Jan. 17. Zeus-1 is situated on the WA 361P permit in the Carnarvon basin off Western Australia.
Zeus-1 is a complex structural/stratigraphic play estimated to contain 15 Tcf potential gas-in-place in the Legendre Sandstones (primary target), and 3.7 Tcf potential gas-in-place in the overlying Forrestier Sandstones (secondary target).
Resource Development International Limited (RDI) is paying 80% of the well costs to a cap of US $31.25 million to earn a 35% interest in WA-361-P. In the event Zeus-1 discovers hydrocarbons, RDI will pay for MEO's share of two additional wells in the permit.
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)