PSA Grants Consent for StatoilHydro's Use of Scarabeo 5, North Sea Drilling
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling of wells 34/8-13 S and A with the semisubmersible drilling rig Scarabeo 5.
The wells are part of production license 120 and are located in the northern North Sea on the east flank of Visund, approximately 124 kilometers west of the island Gjelsa in Askvoll municipality. The distance to Floro is 130 kilometers. The drilling activity will start in January 2009 and has an estimated duration of 130 days.
Scarabeo 5 is a semisub built in Italy at Fincantieri Shipyards Genova, completed in 1990. The semisub was granted an Acknowledgement of compliance in May 2003 and is operated by Saipem with an operations office in Stjordal.
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)