Proserv Group Shuffles Structure, Changes Name for Decommissioning Co.
Proserv Abandonment and Decommissioning, a strategic business unit of the Proserv Group, and an established leader in abandonment and decommissioning services, is reorganizing as a separate company under the name of Proserv Offshore, effective immediately.
Commenting on the move, Houston-based Robert Finch, Vice President -- Americas for Proserv Offshore, said, “Through a program of strategic acquisitions over the past 18 months we have brought together some of the best-known names in the abandonment and decommissioning industry. Within the United States these include Twachtman Snyder & Byrd in Houston, Texas and Houma, Louisiana; Circle Technical Services in Houma, Louisiana and Aberdeen, UK; and Ramstud, Atlanta, Georgia. As well as this, Proserv Offshore has recently opened a new office in Lafayette, Louisiana. International acquisitions for Proserv Offshore include Stainless Solutions in Perth, Australia, which also supports the new offices in the Far East, Tytan Jetting Aberdeenshire, UK and Promac Stavanger, Norway.
"As a result, we have created a very comprehensive abandonment and decommissioning service provider. We have the expertise and personnel to handle all stages of a project from initial planning, through engineering, project management and implementation, to site clearance and asset disposal.
"We now have more than 200 personnel strategically placed to tackle projects around the world, with a geographical spread from the Gulf of Mexico, through Europe and the Middle East, to Malaysia and Australia.
"We aim to continue growing our business both organically and through acquisition. Proserv Offshore becoming established as a separate company results in a sharper focus on this future development of this business, with its own dedicated management team.
"We decided to retain the Proserv name because of the considerable investment made by existing shareholders and management in building the brand awareness, while introducing Offshore in order to highlight our key business focus," Finch concluded.
Proserv Offshore will operate four divisions to support its specialized services:
Decommissioning Contractors and Engineers
- Complete platform, pipeline and well decommissioning
- Decommissioning project management
- Consulting services
- Well plugging and abandonment
- Subsea well abandonment
- Conductor cutting and removal
Subsea and Marine Technology
- Cold cutting systems including water abrasive, diamond wire and reciprocating technologies
- Seabed dredging systems
- High-pressure cleaning and coating removal systems
- Friction stud welding systems for anode and grating attachment
HP and UHP Pumps
- High pressure and ultra high-pressure pumps for offshore and onshore use
- High flow flushing and filtration units
- Hot water washers for offshore use
- Proserv Raises Debt to Support Growth Strategy (Jan 09)
- Proserv Unveils Innovative Well Abandonment Tool at OTC (May 02)
- Proserv Plans to Hire 130+ in 2012 (Jan 23)