India Approves Development Plan for Cairn's 3 Rajasthan Discoveries
Cairn India has reported that the Government of India (GoI) has approved a further Declaration of Commerciality (DoC) on the Rajasthan license RJ-ON-90/1 in North West India.
The DoC for the three discoveries made in Kameshwari West 2, 3 and 6 has been approved, along with a new Development Area of 822 km2 which was part of the Northern Appraisal Area.
The Kameshwari West 2 and 3 discoveries have opened up a new play in the Barmer Hill/Lower Dharvi Dungar sands on the western margin of the Rajasthan basin.
Cairn and its joint venture partner ONGC now have 3,111 km2 under long term contract on the Rajasthan license of which the main Mangala Field Development Plan (FDP) covers 1,859 km2 while the Bhagyam FDP covers 430 km2.
Rahul Dhir Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Cairn India said, "Cairn India is delighted to have secured the approval for 'Declaration of Commerciality' of this area from the Government of India. It will enable us to develop the discoveries and access the area for further exploitation of additional resources. We strongly believe that the Rajasthan basin is world class and will continue to add incremental value."
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Oil's Emerging Giant Beckons US Wildcatters Who Riled OPEC (Jun 02)
- India Launches Auction for 67 Small Oil, Gas Fields Under a New Bid Scheme (May 26)
Company: Cairn India more info
- Sri Lanka Launches Tender To Develop Natural Gas Site In Mannar Basin (Feb 13)
- Mangala Field Hits 300 Million Barrels of Cumulative Production (Oct 20)
- Vedanta Wins Cairn Nod For BHP-Style Resources Conglomerate (Sep 13)
Company: Indian Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas more info
- India Seeking Merger Model For Possible State Oil Champion (Aug 02)
- India Overtakes Japan as World's Third Largest Oil User After US, China (Jun 09)
- India, Iran Plan to Seal Deal to Develop Offshore Farzad B Field by October (Jun 06)