Scorpion Clinches Construction Financing for Offshore Freedom
Scorpion, through its subsidiary companies, Scorpion Freedom Ltd. and Scorpion Deepwater Ltd., has secured financing for its remaining construction payments on the Offshore Freedom and refinancing the amounts drawn under the Semisubmersible Bridge loan ('Bridge') with Bayererische Hypo-und Vereinsbank AG ('HVB') in a new credit facility totaling $169 million.
HVB is the Sole Arranger and Underwriter in this new credit facility. The credit facility consists of two tranches amortizing over an average period of 4 years.
The Offshore Freedom is being constructed by Lamprell Energy Limited in Sharjah and due for delivery in mid-April 2009.
Referencing Scorpion's press release dated Janaury 8, 2009, Deepwater has reached agreement with Keppel FELS and Third Party Vendors to amicably terminate the construction contract and equipment orders on
mutually acceptable terms.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)
Company: Lamprell more info
- Rig Builder Lamprell Sees Lower Revenue, To Tighten Purse Strings (Jan 23)
- Lamprell Secures Services Contract with Jacktel AS (Sep 26)
- Lamprell Expects Challenging Environment to Continue Through 2017 (Sep 22)