J. Ray Snags Fabrication Contract for Angostura Platform Offshore Trinidad
J. Ray McDermott has been awarded a contract by BHP Billiton (Trinidad-2C) Limited for the Angostura Gas Export Platform project located 22 miles offshore the northeast coast of Trinidad.
Under the terms of the agreement, J. Ray will fabricate a 4,000-ton integrated topside platform; an 800-ton, four-legged jacket; and 1,000 tons of piles. The construction of these structures will take place at J. Ray's Morgan City, Louisiana fabrication facility.
"The award of the fabrication work for BHP is excellent news for our Morgan City fabrication facility," said Bob Deason, President and Chief Executive Officer of J. Ray. "This project marks the third time in the recent past that Morgan City has performed the fabrication for facilities destined for Trinidad. Our customers depend on the quality and the schedule assurance that J. Ray delivers."
At peak, J. Ray will have almost 200 people in Morgan City working on the project. Work is expected to be completed in second quarter 2010.
The Greater Angostura Development is located in block 2C offshore Trinidad and Tobago. BHP Billiton (Trinidad-2C) Limited operates several production platforms in the area in water depths ranging from 85 to 190 feet.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: McDermott International more info
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
- McDermott Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia; Adds 300 Jobs (Nov 02)
- Mexico's Sole Platform Fabrication Project to Create Jobs (Sep 27)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)