StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill with Transocean Leader
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 6705/10-1 with the semisubmersible drilling facility Transocean Leader.
The well belongs to Production License 327B and is located in the Norwegian Sea about 345 kilometers west of Sandnessjoen.
The well has the following geographical coordinates:
N 67 degrees 00' 58.319", E 05 degrees 17' 48.559". Water depth at the site is about 1,340 meters. Drilling will start in January 2009 and has an estimated duration of 65 days.
Transocean Leader is a semisubmersible mobile drilling facility owned and operated by Transocean Offshore Ltd. It was delivered in 1987 from Hyundai Heavy Industries in Korea. The facility received the PSA's Acknowledgement of Compliance in December 2004.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)