ClampOn to Supply Subsea Sensors for Jubilee Field
ClampOn has received a substantial order for subsea detectors for the Jubilee field. The Jubilee field is located off Ghana and is currently estimated to hold between 500 million and 1.8 billion barrels of oil, water depth is 1320 MSW and the project is due onstream in 2010.
Our undisputed position as the industry's preferred supplier of subsea sand and pig monitoring equipment proves that operators all over the world value the quality and reliability of our products.
The design philosophy behind ClampOn's sand monitoring and pig detection systems has made us the first choice of engineering companies and operators all over the world. The design ensures a long life-cycle of 25 years, thanks to the following features:
- The subsea sensor itself is divided into two chambers, one of which is kept at atmospheric pressure and the other at high (subsea operating) pressure.
- The atmospheric pressure chamber contains all the electronics, processors and the piezoelectric crystal, and it is totally hermetically sealed by electronic beam welding and a penetrator: there are no O-rings or C-rings exposed to seawater.
- The penetrator is the interface with the high-pressure chamber, which is at the same pressure as the seawater outside and is filled with silicon oil.
- The ClampOn funnel design reduces heat loss and any danger of local hydrate production. The sensors have a "noise killer" included. This is a filter that drastically reduces unwanted noise by a factor of 500 compared to alternative solutions. It makes sensor location (distance from the choke) less critical. This offers more flexibility on gas-producing wells, especially for subsea installations, where space is limited.
The above advantages, together with the ultrasonic sensor, electronics and software that have been continuously upgraded and developed since they originally appeared, have made us the number one choice in the subsea market.
Since 2000, more than 90% of ultrasonic subsea sand monitor deliveries all over the world have been from ClampOn -- and the above description tells you why! And in case you are wondering -- our ClampOn Compact is still the most compact system on the market.
If we include our subsea deliveries in 2008, ClampOn has delivered over 1000 subsea sensors to operators all over the world. Quality, reliability and performance obviously still count in the selection of critical subsea measurement systems.
ClampOn is 9001:2000 certified. We also hold ATEX certification, CSA certificate, C&US certification, INMETRO certification and GOST R Certification of Conformity, as well as a GGTN K -- Permit for operation on Russian territory. All our products carry the CE Mark.
- ClampOn Wins Supply Gig for Hess' Tubular Bells Proj. (May 11)
- ClampOn to Deliver Subsea Monitors to Pan Pandora Project (Jan 06)
- ClampOn to Supply Subsea Equipment to Chevron GOM Projects (Aug 10)