Expro Plays Important Role in First Interventionless Well Completion
International oilfield service company Expro is proud to announce it played an important role in the world's first totally intervention-less gas well completion using the EXcape® Completion Process. Patented by Marathon Oil Company, with development assistance from Expro, BJ Services and GEODynamics, the EXcape® Completion Process saves considerable time and expense in well stimulation activity by isolating, remotely perforating and fracture stimulating across multiple zones, including the setting and removal of isolation devices.
Marathon utilized the EXcape technology for completion of its Cana No. 1-15H step-out discovery well located in the northeast area of the Anadarko Basin, Oklahoma and was completed at a total measured well depth of 17,267 feet and flowed at an initial rate of 5.2 million cubic feet of gas per day.
Based on the success of the Cana No. 1-15H well completion, Marathon announced plans to expand the use of this next-generation EXcape technology to future activities in its Woodford Shale and Cook Inlet operations.
Graeme Coutts, Expro's CEO, said, "We are delighted to play a role in this historic well and proud of the excellent engineering and tool design services Expro employees provided in the revolutionary EXcape technology. We acknowledge the vision, dedication and commitment shown by all involved in the EXcape partnership in developing the kind of technology that this industry demands in these challenging times.
"As we experience tightening E&P opportunities, it is extremely encouraging to know that innovative technology like EXcape can produce real results for an operator by radically reducing completion times and enabling better well productivity and bookable reserves due to improved stimulation."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Expro International Group more info
- Ex-Oil Workers Look to Grow Aberdeen Brewery, Employ More Ex-Energy Staff (Dec 01)
- Expro Opens Aberdeen Office (Mar 29)
- Expro Bags Subsea Services Gig in China (Mar 19)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)
Company: GEODynamics, Inc. more info
- Geodynamics Reports on Habanero 3 Well Control Incident (May 22)
- Geodynamics Updates on Habanero 3 Well Site Incident (May 06)
- Expro Plays Important Role in First Interventionless Well Completion (Jan 09)