Oilex Calls Off Acquisition of Additional Stake in West Kampar PSC
Oilex (West Kampar) has elected to terminate the agreement to acquire an additional 15% participating interest in the West Kampar Production Sharing Contract onshore Sumatra, Indonesia from PT Sumatera Persada Energi (SPE). Oilex retains a 45% Working Interest in the PSC. This is consistent with Oilex's plans to adjust its interests in the West Kampar PSC as noted in the Operations Update accompanying the release made on December 22, 2008.
Under the terms of this agreement, Oilex had the right to terminate the agreement if Government approval to the assignment had not been received by January 7, 2009. Oilex exercised that right by notice, which has been acknowledged and accepted by SPE. SPE is required to reimburse the funds advanced by Oilex to date under the terms of this agreement; such refunds are secured over SPE's interest in the Production Sharing Contract.
Oilex is continuing to pursue the early development of the Pendalian field and the ongoing work program to maximise the value of the West Kampar asset.
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)
Company: PT Sumatera Persada Energi (SPE) more info
- Oilex Calls Off Acquisition of Additional Stake in West Kampar PSC (Jan 09)
- Oilex Nabs Additional 15% Interest in West Kampar Area (Aug 15)
- Oilex Underscores 13.7MM Barrel Estimate for Indonesian Field (Jul 30)