Oromin Wraps Up Farm-in Transaction with Otto for Onshore Argentine License
Oromin has executed agreements formalizing the farm-in into the Santa Rosa exploration license in Argentina by Otto Energy Limited and has approved the Exploration Work Program and Budget totaling US $4.1 million with the view to start drilling in H1 2009.
The Santa Rosa Block is a large 7,694 square kilometer onshore concession located in the oil prolific Cuyana Basin of the Mendoza Province of Argentina.
In November 2005, Oromin and Otto agreed to a Letter of Intent to farm-in to the Santa Rosa Block, whereby Otto would initially earn a 32.48% indirect working interest from Oromin.
The Letter of Intent has now been formalised with Otto executing a number of agreements in which Otto will earn a 32.48% shareholding in an Oromin-owned British Virgin Islands company Cynthia Holdings Limited ("Cynthia") that wholly owns an Argentinean company Exploraciones Oromin S.A. ("EOSA"), which in turn holds 100% of the rights to explore and produce from the Santa Rosa Block. The farm-in consideration is for Otto to fund the first US $1.4 million of the approved Exploration Work Program and Budget, after which it contributes it's pro rata equity share.
The interest holders in the Santa Rosa Licence are now indirectly Oromin 67.52% (Operator) and Otto 32.48%. Otto is entitled to take an equivalent direct interest in the Santa Rosa Block at anytime subject only to Argentinean government approvals.
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Oromin Explorations Ltd more info
- Oromin Updates Santa Rosa Project (Jun 16)
- Oromin Sees No Sign of Hydrocarbons at Santa Rosa Prospect (Jul 28)
- Oromin Spuds First Well on Santa Rose Dome Prospect in Argentina (Jul 16)