Pride Scores Another PEMEX Contract
Pride International has been awarded a 3-1/2 year, $66 million contract for the semisubmersible Viking by PEMEX for work offshore Mexico. The contract will commence October 1, 2003.
Four additional Pride rigs previously awarded contracts by Pemex in May 2003 are to commence work on July 1, 2003. The jackup rigs Pride Tennessee, Pride Alabama and Pride Colorado are currently en route from the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and Rig 1003, a platform rig, has completed its move to Mexico. With these deployments and the Viking contract, Pride's fleet in Mexico will number 17 units, consisting of 12 jackups, three platform rigs and two semisubmersibles.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Pride International more info
- Randy Stilley Comes on Board of Paragon Offshore (Feb 04)
- Ensco Completes Pride Acquisition (May 31)
- Pride, Ensco Enter MOU in Merger Lawsuit (May 20)