Claxton Celebrates Zero Lost-Time Incidents for Onshore, Offshore Ops
Claxton, an Acteon company, is celebrating numerous achievements in health and safety.
During 2008 Claxton had zero lost-time incidents (LTI) either on- or offshore. This achievement follows several other QHSE accolades gained during the year.
By November, the company had recorded over 1000 workdays without an LTI during offshore operations for CNR in Olowi while working on the installation of a conductor-supported platform -- an operation that began in April.
This was followed by successful NQA/ISO audits and "excellent" ratings from FPAL on a Verify health, safety and environment audit. In the FPAL audit Claxton scored 8.2 for health and safety and 8.3 for environment. Both categories have a maximum score of 8.6.
Laura Claxton, managing director, Claxton, said, "2008 was an exciting and busy year for the business so we are really proud of having reached the end of the year without an LTI. This is a massive endorsement for the systems we have in place and the commitment of our people.
"Claxton really focuses on providing a responsive service for its clients, and we strive for quality in all aspects of our operations. Naturally, health and safety are important parts of this focus, and our achievements in 2008, which, coupled with our audit success, are real proof that we are achieving this aim."
- InterMoor Wraps Up Ops at Offshore Angola Gig (Apr 03)
- 2H Offshore Expands Malaysia & Australia Presence, May Recruit Engineering (Dec 04)
- LDD Wraps Up Foundation Installation Gig Offshore Gabon (Oct 20)
Company: Claxton Engineering Services more info
- North Sea Decom: Claxton Secures Statoil Deal (Jul 27)
- Claxton Strengthens Rental Inventory (Jun 23)
- Claxton Launches Next-Generation, Slimline Tension Rings (Aug 26)