StatoilHydro Gets Greenlight to Drill with Polar Pioneer Semisub
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 30/9-22 in the Oseberg area with the semisubmersible drilling rig Polar Pioneer.
Well 30/9-22 is part of production license 104 and has the following geographical coordinates:
N 60 degrees 17' 32.38", E 02 degrees 42' 06.46". The water depth at the site is 95 meters.
Start-up is planned for January 2009. The drilling activity is estimated to last 49 days.
Polar Pioneer is a Sonat/Hitachi-designed, semisubmersible drilling facility, built in 1985. The facility was subject to main classification at Westcon in Olen in the autumn of 2004. During the stay at the workshop, a number of upgradings were carried out to bring Polar Pioneer up to the standards of Statoil's technical requirements for drilling facilities operating on the Snohvit field.
The facility is operated by Transocean Offshore North Sea Ltd NUF. It has previously drilled production wells on Snohvit and several exploration wells in the Barents Sea for Statoil, Hydro and Eni.
Polar Pioneer received the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway's Acknowledgement of Compliance in July 2004.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)