CB&I Lands LNG Expansion Contract in Fujian Province, China
CB&I has been awarded a contract for an LNG import terminal expansion project in Fujian Province, China, by CNOOC Fujian LNG Co. Ltd. The contract value is confidential.
CB&I's scope of work includes engineering, procurement and construction of two additional 160,000 cubic meter full containment LNG storage tanks. The project is scheduled to be completed in 2011.
"This award follows CB&I's successful completion of the first phase of the Fujian import terminal and demonstrates CNOOC's confidence in our capabilities," said Philip K. Asherman, President and CEO. "Fujian LNG is helping China meet its increasing demand for natural gas."
The initial phase of the LNG terminal, which has a capacity of 2.6 million tonnes of LNG per year and includes two 160,000 cubic meter LNG storage tanks, received first gas in April 2008.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration forecasts that China's natural gas demand will grow 6.4% per year between 2010 and 2020. By 2020, about 25% of China’s natural gas demand is forecasted to be met through LNG imports.
CNOOC Fujian LNG Co. Ltd. is a co-investment of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) and Fujian Investment and Development Corporation.
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
Company: CB&I more info
- CB&I Gets Go-ahead for Kazakhstan Petchem Project (Dec 11)
- CB&I Wins Contract for Saudi Aramco-Shell Project (Dec 07)
- Harvey Strikes Employment: CB&I Lays Off Hundreds (Sep 25)
Company: Energy Information Administration (EIA) more info
- EIA: US Oil Output To Hit Record Over 11 MMbpd By End Of 2019 (Jan 09)
- US Gasoline Price Starts 2018 on High Note (Jan 02)
- EIA: US Crude, Natural Gas Output At Multi-Year Records In October (Dec 29)