Petrobras-Led Consortium Gets Go-Ahead to Drill BCAM-40 Prospects
Norse Energy, in partnership with Petrobras (Operator), Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas and Brasoil, announce that the consortium has received the environmental licenses for the drilling of the BCAM-40 exploration prospects. The semisubmersible rig (Petrobras -XVII) is already on location and the Cravo well has been spudded.
The Cravo prospect is located at 270 meters of water depth, 18 km northeast of the Manati production platform. The well is expected to reach a total depth of 4,600 meters, with the main objective in the Sergi formation, at 4,070 meters of depth.
Norse Energy's CEO Oivind Risberg commented, "We are very excited about the Cravo prospect due to its similarities to the Manati field, our analogue for this prospect; a sizable structure, gas potential, the same sandstone reservoirs and close by the existing field infrastructure."
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)