Deepsea Bergen Tapped for Production Drilling at Volund
Marathon has received consent to use the semisubmersible drilling facility Deepsea Bergen for production drilling on the Volund field.
Marathon is the operator for Volund, which is located in block 24/9 in the Heimdal area, 10 kilometers south of the Alvheim field. The plan is to drill three production wells and one water injection well.
The well stream will consist of oil and gas and will be transported through a pipeline to Alvheim.
The consent applies to drilling of the water injection well and one of the planned production wells.
Deepsea Bergen is an Aker H3 facility built in 1983 and is owned by Odfjell Drilling AS. The facility was awarded an Acknowledgement of Compliance from the authorities in December 2001.
The drilling activities have an estimated duration of six months.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)