Stolt Offshore Wins Two Contracts from BHP
Stolt Offshore has been awarded two contracts by BHP Billiton, one for the installation of an offshore platform and the other for the installation of pipelines in Trinidad and Tobago.
The contracts, valued at approximately U.S. $60 million, are for the installation of one shallow water offshore platform and approximately fifty miles of pipelines of eight to thirty-inch diameter in the Angostura field. The scopes of work will be undertaken using the derrick lay barge DLB 801 during the fourth quarter of 2003 and the middle of 2004.
Tom Ehret, Chief Executive Officer, said "We are very pleased with these awards as they validate Stolt Offshore's successful positioning in the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean area and confirms Stolt Offshore's ability to tackle large, complex projects with the DLB 801."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Stolt Offshore more info
- Stolt Offshore Will Become Acergy S.A. Next Monday. (Apr 03)
- Stolt Wins $125 Million Deepwater Contract in Angola (Mar 10)
- Stolt Offshore to Hold Second Shareholder Meeting to Change Name (Feb 24)