Synergy Tapped as Operator for 6 North Sea Oil Fields
Aberdeen-based energy services company, Senergy, has been named by TAQA Bratani Limited (part of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA) PJSC), as well operator for six North Sea oil fields in a substantial two-year contract.
TAQA, one of the Top 250 Global Energy Companies, took over the Northern North Sea assets from Shell U.K. Limited and Esso Exploration and Production (UK) Ltd from December 1, 2008. Senergy's contract will deliver well operation and subsurface support for TAQA in the operated North and South Cormorant, Tern, Eider, Kestrel and Pelican fields, and the non-operated Hudson Field.
The fields will be managed from TAQA's Aberdeen office, in Westhill, supported by three Senergy supplied subsurface teams and one Senergy wells team. James McCallum, Senergy CEO, said, "TAQA is poised to deliver one of the most important production enhancement strategies this region has seen and we are delighted to be a part of that. We have a solid track record of delivering results to new operators and extensive experience in the region. Our ability to provide a fully integrated approach gives us unrivalled capabilities in mature asset management."
Senergy has been involved with TAQA throughout the due diligence stages of this acquisition and successful transition.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Synergy Group more info
- Synergy Resources To Hold Conference Call for Fiscal 1Q (Dec 31)
- Synergy Finalizes Sale of O&G Leases (Mar 28)
- AWE Seals Deal for Sale of Perth Basin Gas (Aug 18)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)