Mariner Takes Bigger Bite of Bass Lite Natural Gas Field
Mariner has purchased an additional 11.6% working interest in the Bass Lite natural gas field (Atwater Valley Block 426) from Energy Resource Technology (ERT) for approximately $32.6 million. The purchase price is subject to customary post-closing adjustments. The acquisition provides internally estimated proved reserves of more than 17.6 billion cubic feet equivalent to Mariner.
Mariner Energy exercised its preferential right to acquire the interest following ERT's negotiated sale of its Bass Lite asset to a third party. The transaction was completed December 19, 2008 with an effective date of November 1, 2008.
Bass Lite is located in water depths of approximately 6,750 feet. Production from Bass Lite commenced in February 2008 from an early production system until the primary two-well development system was completed in August. Gross production from the development currently averages approximately 110 million cubic feet of natural gas per day. Natural gas is produced from Bass Lite via a 56-mile subsea tieback to the Devils Tower Spar located on Mississippi Canyon Block 773.
Mariner is the operator at Bass Lite and with this transaction owns a 53.8% working interest in the development. Other working interest owners in the field include Deep Gulf Energy LP, ENI, and EOG Resources, Inc.
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: EOG Resources, Inc. more info
- Texas' Austin Chalk Booms While Shale Plays Remain Mostly Dormant (Dec 07)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- US Drillers Add No Oil Rigs as Harvey Slows Production - Baker Hughes (Sep 01)
Company: Energy Resource Technology more info
- US Regulators Study Drilling in Shallow Water Following Blowout in July (Aug 06)
- BSEE Confirms ERT Stopped Leak in Natural Gas Well Off Louisiana Coast (Jul 15)
- ERT Stops Flow on Leaking Natural Gas Well Off Louisiana Coast (Jul 12)