GDF Suez Strikes Gas at Juliet Well in Southern North Sea
GDF SUEZ and its license partner, First Oil Expro Ltd, have announced a new gas discovery in the Southern Basin sector of the United Kingdom Continental Shelf. The 47/14b-10 "Juliet" well is located to the south of the Amethyst gas field, about 40 km due east of the Humber Estuary.
Drilled using the Noble Piet van Eide to a total depth of 9,502 feet, the well has flowed at rates of up to 38 million standard cubic feet per day.
Rene Montaz-Rosset, GDF SUEZ E&P UK Ltd's Managing Director said, "This discovery, which is in a new area for GDF SUEZ, represents a continuation of our high success rate for exploration drilling in the Southern North Sea. Since 2001 we have operated or participated in 11 wells with a 91% commercial success rate. The forward plan for Juliet is to evaluate the development options during the first half of 2009 with the possibility of first gas in late 2010 or early 2011."
GDF SUEZ is operator of the P.614 (Block 47/14b) license with a net equity interest of 51.56%. First Oil has
a net equity of 48.44%.
GDF SUEZ E&P UK Ltd, previously GDF Britain Ltd, is a wholly owned oil and gas exploration and production
subsidiary of the GDF SUEZ Group, active in the UK.
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: First Oil Expro Ltd. more info
- Cairn, EnQuest Acquire First Oil's Kraken Stake (Feb 22)
- Scotney Well Comes Up Dry (Apr 12)
- Hansa Hydrocarbons, Partners Sanction Juliet Development (Jul 03)
Company: GDF Britain Ltd more info
- GDF Suez Strikes Gas at Juliet Well in Southern North Sea (Jan 02)
- Dana Petroleum Snags Interests in 29 UK Offshore Blocks (Nov 14)
- RWE Pushes Forward with Topaz Gas Field Tie-In Development (Oct 10)