Lundin Targets Estimated 38MMBOE at North Sea Hyme Prospect
Drilling of the exploration well Hyme 2/5-14S in license PL006C in the North Sea sector of the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS) has commenced.
Lundin Petroleum estimates that the Hyme prospect has unrisked resource of 38 million barrels of oil equivalents (mmboe). The South East Tor chalk discovery made in 1972 has estimated resources of 22.5 mmboe.
The well is being drilled by the jackup rig Maersk Gallant. After the Hyme well has been completed, a side track 2/5-14A will be drilled to appraise the oil discovery South East Tor. The Hyme prospect is a stratigraphic trap located on the western flank of the Tor South East discovery where 43 degree API oil has been successfully tested from the Tor and Ekofisk formations.
Drilling results from Hyme and South East Tor are expected in first quarter 2009.
Lundin Petroleum is the operator of PL 006C with 75% interest. Partners are Noreco ASA with 15% and Faroe Petroleum AS with 10% interest.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)