OVL's Offer to Acquire Imperial Energy Declared Wholly Unconditional
OVL announced that its offer to acquire Imperial Energy PLC was declared wholly unconditional this morning with all conditions now being satisfied or waived. As at 1:00 pm (London time) on December 30, 2008, Jarpeno Ltd ("Jarpeno"), a wholly owned subsidiary of OVL, had received valid acceptances from Imperial Energy shareholders in respect of 99,241,110 Imperial Energy shares, representing approximately 96.8 per cent. of Imperial Energy's existing issued share capital.
This acquisition highlights the strategy of OVL and ONGC, supported by its largest shareholder, the Government of India, of acquiring oil and gas assets which provide stable cash flows from proved and probable reserves and offer long-term growth from well-balanced exploration portfolios.
Western Siberia is one of the world's most prolific hydrocarbons basins and, with major logistics and infrastructure in place, OVL intends to use Imperial Energy as the platform around which to build a wider Western Siberian focused business. This addition to OVL's global portfolio, which spans across North Africa, Latin America and Southeast Asia, provides OVL with the opportunity to expand its presence in Russia beyond its participation in the Sakhalin project and will further enhance its position as one of the industry's leading exploration and production companies.
Full regulatory and settlement details can be found in Jarpeno's RNS statement of December 31, 2008.
- 96.8% acceptances received from Imperial Energy shareholders.
- OVL declares both share and convertible bond offers now wholly unconditional.
- Acquisition will provide OVL with the opportunity to establish presence in Western Siberia, one of the world's largest oil and gas producing regions, by acquiring an asset with significant long-term production and reserves potential.
- OVL looks forward to both developing the Imperial Energy licences and growing its asset base by participating in upcoming auctions for licence blocks close to Imperial Energy's existing blocks.
Operates 37 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)
Company: Imperial Energy more info
- OVL's Offer to Acquire Imperial Energy Declared Wholly Unconditional (Dec 31)
- Oil Majors Set to Gain As Smaller Rivals Struggle (Oct 23)
- Sinopec, CNOOC Agree on $1.8B for Angola Asset (Oct 01)