Operations Re-Commence at Libra-1 Following Australian Cyclone
Nexus has advised that on December 30, operations on the Libra-1 exploration well in exploration permit AC/P41 in the Browse Basin, offshore Western Australia, were running wireline logs.
The rig was re-manned over the weekend once the threat of tropical cyclone Billy had passed.
The forward program for the Libra-1 well includes additional wireline logging prior to the well being plugged and abandoned as planned.
Libra-1 has been drilled to a total depth of 3,929 meters true vertical depth sub-sea (TVDSS). The Ocean Epoch semisubmersible rig is drilling the exploration well which is operated by Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd (“Shell”) on behalf of the joint venture.
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)