Operations Re-Commence at Libra-1 Following Australian Cyclone
Nexus has advised that on December 30, operations on the Libra-1 exploration well in exploration permit AC/P41 in the Browse Basin, offshore Western Australia, were running wireline logs.
The rig was re-manned over the weekend once the threat of tropical cyclone Billy had passed.
The forward program for the Libra-1 well includes additional wireline logging prior to the well being plugged and abandoned as planned.
Libra-1 has been drilled to a total depth of 3,929 meters true vertical depth sub-sea (TVDSS). The Ocean Epoch semisubmersible rig is drilling the exploration well which is operated by Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd (“Shell”) on behalf of the joint venture.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)